Now open Thursday through Sundays from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
We are excited to welcome you back safely in accordance with state and county public health guidelines for outdoor playgrounds. Please review our guidelines to help plan your visit.
The Rotary PlayGarden, the Rotary Club of San Jose’s centennial gift to our community, opened in May 2015. The $6 million PlayGarden enables children with special needs to play alongside their siblings and friends and is maintained by Guadalupe River Park Conservancy staff and volunteers, in-kind donations, and fee-for-service contracts.
Please help us keep the PlayGarden a clean, safe, and fun place to play by reviewing and observing the following during your visit.
In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State of California, and County of Santa Clara public health guidelines for outdoor playgrounds:
- We ask everyone to sanitize their hands prior to entering the PlayGarden and to sanitize equipment before and after use. Hand sanitizer will be available at the gate and we encourage guests to bring their own sanitizing wipes.
- Guests are not required to wear a mask in outdoor settings if fully vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated, we encourage masks per County guidance. Exemptions to mask-wearing include young children under 2 years of age, persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask, and persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Food, beverages, and personal toys are not permitted inside the PlayGarden at this time.
- Each feature in the PlayGarden is not to exceed two individuals at a time. Each feature has a line marked with footprints in which individuals can wait their turn.
- Play at your own risk.
- Please be patient with others. This inclusive space is intended to provide everyone with the opportunity to play. Any individuals not following these guidelines will be asked to leave.