San Jose’s first all-inclusive play space
Open Thursday through Sunday from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
The Rotary PlayGarden is San Jose’s first all-inclusive play space opened in May 2015. It features a variety of dynamic and fun play structures designed to be accessible for all abilities. Nestled in the Guadalupe Gardens adjacent to the Guadalupe River, the PlayGarden promotes joy through fun while building connection to the surrounding natural ecology.
This $6 million asset, spearheaded by the Rotary Club of San Jose as their centennial gift to our community, empowers children living with disabilities to play, discover, and connect alongside their siblings and friends. This unique playground is maintained by Guadalupe River Park Conservancy staff and volunteers, service partnerships, and community donations.
To support the Rotary PlayGarden and to ensure its quality for current and future users, please consider a donation to the Guadalupe River Park Conservancy. Donate now!
The Rotary PlayGarden offers two reservable picnic sites for two hours at $125 each.
Amphitheater (accommodates 20 guests)
Picnic Celebration area (accommodates 35 guests)
- There is a $10 non-refundable deposit for birthday packages
- For cancellations 14 to 29 calendar days prior to the reservation, we will issue a refund less a $25 cancellation fee.
- We will not issue a refund for cancellations less than 14 calendar days prior to the reservation.
- Please be advised that the PlayGarden is an outdoor facility and may be affected by a variety of weather conditions such as rain, wind, and temperature, which should be considered prior to making a reservation.
- Inclement weather closes Rotary PlayGarden. We do not issue refunds due to weather unless the facility closes on the day of the event. We will make every effort to contact you in advance of a weather-related closure. Should the PlayGarden close, we will offer a credit toward a rescheduled date or a refund upon request.
- If rain is forecast, parties may reschedule their PlayGarden reservation without additional fees provided they contact GRPC at least three days in advance. If the party chooses to cancel the reservation, the normal refund policy applies.
Come celebrate your special day with us!
Want to spruce up your birthday celebration to make it full of learning AND fun? Our birthday packages are just for you! Show your special PlayGardener a great time with an undoubtedly unique experience.
Here’s what you can expect:
- 1.5 hour engaging nature-themed activities with one of our knowledgeable (and fun) environmental educators
- 15 minute break to use the restroom, gather materials, etc. THEN
- 2 hour picnic reservation begins at the Rotary PlayGarden
The Rotary PlayGarden offers a unique opportunity to host a private meeting or event. With dynamic play structures and multiple gathering areas, situated among other Guadalupe Gardens features like the Heritage Rose Garden and River Trail, consider hosting your next team-building event, company meeting, or community celebration in this treasured civic amenity.
Book the full Rotary PlayGarden for your next nonprofit or corporate event!
Please help us keep the PlayGarden a clean and safe place to play by education yourself on and following the rules (enter) Due to our location in the flight path of the San Jose International Airport:
- No kites
- No balloons
- No drones
- No inflatables (including bounce houses)
Balloons are prohibited due to the PlayGarden’s location in the flight path of the airport, as well as in the interest of minimizing litter, protecting wildlife, and in consideration of guests with allergies to latex.
For general safety and comfort of all in the park:
- No open flames (including barbecues and fuel canisters)
- No BBQs
- No dogs or other pets (aside from service animals according to ADA guidelines)
- No glass
- No alcohol
- No smoking
- No pop-up canopies
For safety on the uneven surfacing, and ease of park maintenance:
- No skateboards, scooters, inline skates, or roller skates
- No high heels
- No cleats
- No walking on the fescue (long grass) at the park entrance – manicured grass in PlayGarden is available for use!
For the protection of our local wildlife, and to help keep the PlayGarden clean:
- No confetti
- No chalk
- No paint
- No piñatas