Now open Fridays through Sundays from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
We are excited to welcome you back safely in accordance with state and county public health guidelines for outdoor playgrounds. Please review our visitor guidelines to help plan your visit.
The Rotary PlayGarden, the Rotary Club of San Jose’s centennial gift to our community, opened in May 2015. The $6 million PlayGarden enables children with special needs to play alongside their siblings and friends and is maintained by Guadalupe River Park Conservancy staff and volunteers, in-kind donations, and fee-for-service contracts.
Please help us keep the PlayGarden a clean and safe place to play by education yourself on and following the rules (enter) Due to our location in the flight path of the San Jose International Airport:
- No kites
- No balloons
- No drones
- No inflatables (including bounce houses)
Balloons are prohibited due to the PlayGarden’s location in the flight path of the airport, as well as in the interest of minimizing litter, protecting wildlife, and in consideration of guests with allergies to latex.
For general safety and comfort of all in the park:
- No open flames (including barbecues and fuel canisters)
- No BBQs
- No dogs or other pets (aside from service animals according to ADA guidelines)
- No glass
- No alcohol
- No smoking
- No pop-up canopies
For safety on the uneven surfacing, and ease of park maintenance:
- No skateboards, scooters, inline skates, or roller skates
- No high heels
- No cleats
- No walking on the fescue (long grass) at the park entrance – manicured grass in PlayGarden is available for use!
For the protection of our local wildlife, and to help keep the PlayGarden clean:
- No confetti
- No chalk
- No paint
- No pinatas