Now open Fridays through Sundays from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
We are excited to welcome you back safely in accordance with state and county public health guidelines for outdoor playgrounds. Please review our COVID guidelines to help plan your visit.
The Rotary PlayGarden, the Rotary Club of San Jose’s centennial gift to our community, opened in May 2015. The $6 million PlayGarden enables children with special needs to play alongside their siblings and friends and is maintained by Guadalupe River Park Conservancy staff and volunteers, in-kind donations, and fee-for-service contracts.
Please help us keep the PlayGarden a clean, safe, and fun place to play by reviewing and observing the following during your visit.
In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State of California, and County of Santa Clara public health guidelines for outdoor playgrounds:
- Capacity of the PlayGarden is limited to 60 guests at any given time. Once the PlayGarden has reached maximum capacity, a line will form outside the entrance. This area is marked with socially-distanced footprints. We ask each party to wait in this area on each of the footprints until entry is permitted.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes maximum.
- We ask everyone to sanitize their hands prior to entering the PlayGarden and to sanitize equipment before and after use. Hand sanitizer will be available at the gate and we encourage guests to bring their own sanitizing wipes.
- Guests are required to wear a mask at all times if able. Please understand not all of our guests are able to wear a mask. For those unable, we will be offering colored dots for awareness.
- Guests must maintain all social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC. Please maintain a six foot distance from those who are not a part of your party.
- Food, beverages, and personal toys are not permitted inside the PlayGarden at this time.
- Each feature in the PlayGarden is not to exceed two individuals at a time. Each feature has a line marked with footprints in which individuals can wait their turn.
- Play at your own risk.
- Please be patient with others. This inclusive space is intended to provide everyone with the opportunity to play. Any individuals not following these guidelines will be asked to leave.