The Guadalupe River Park offers diverse and accessible opportunities to spend your day with your family, friends, and community!
- Take a walk, run, or ride along 2.6 miles of trails that connect you to downtown attractions and further north to the Bay Area water.
- Go bird-watching, listen to the river and local wildlife, and relax in the natural landscape nestled in our urban city
- Smell our 3,700 rose varieties in our Heritage Rose Garden, visit our 3.3 acre Historic Orchard, and cultivate your own plot in the Guadalupe Community Garden.
- Patron the public collection of memorials and artworks that uplift our community’s history and dynamic creative energy.
- Attend a number of festivals, celebrations, pumpkin patches, and runs throughout the year.
- Adventure in our Rotary PlayGarden, Silicon Valley’s first all-inclusive play space.
- Come by our Visitor and Education Center, say hi to our animal ambassadors, and sign up for a number of our environmental education classes and tours.
Join us in stewarding our River Park with volunteer trail clean ups, caring for our roses, picking our fruit trees, and maintaining our spaces for everyone to enjoy. In the dense urban environment of downtown San Jose, the trails, parks and plazas of the Guadalupe River Park & Gardens not only serve to enjoy and preserve natural ecology, they offer residents and visitors a multitude of ways to recreate, relax, discover and enjoy.
Our River Park offers moments of nature, recreation, wonder, and relief as it meanders through downtown San Jose
As our River Park weaves through San Jose, there are many ways to arrive