Are you the leader of a small group? Do you homeschool your children? Do you simply want to bring a group outside to learn? Sign up for a small group program and join us for an adventure!
Small group programs are currently offered only on Fridays. We hope to expand our offerings soon!
Monday – Friday Program Times:
* 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
* 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Note: Please check the Rotary PlayGarden’s current opening hours and policies if you would like your group to be able to play.
Saturday & Sunday Program Times
* 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM
* 1:15 PM – 2:45 PM
At your discretion, shorter programs are an option at the same cost.
$15 per child (Monday – Friday)
$30 per child (Saturday & Sunday)
10 children or a payment of:
$150 (Monday – Friday)
$300 (Saturday & Sunday)
Depending on the program, groups will be directed to either:
- Guadalupe River Park & Gardens Visitor and Education Center, 438 Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA 95110 or
- Heritage Rose Garden 412 Seymour Street San Jose, CA 95110
To request a small group program, click the link below to complete our Registration Form. GRPC Staff will contact you with a confirmation and payment information.
- Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols will be sent to your group two weeks in advance of your program.
- All small group programs must be requested 3 weeks in advance of the program date. Payment must be made 2 weeks in advance.
- There must be at least one adult for every 8 children.
- The Rotary PlayGarden is currently open Thursday – Sunday. If a group is planning to visit the PlayGarden, it is the coordinator’s responsibility to check for PlayGarden hours and closures.
- Program cancellations: To cancel a program, coordinators must send a notification to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks in advance of the program date. Cancellations made with less than two weeks’ notice are ineligible for refunds and will be charged a $25 administrative fee for rescheduling.
- Program Refunds: All refunds and changes are subject to a $5 processing fee per program. There are no refunds, credits, cancellations, or changes less than two weeks prior to the start of the program. A full refund will be given for any program cancelled by GRPC. No refunds will be issued once a program begins.
All small group programs include an interactive nature walk to apply and deepen learning.
Get your hands dirty as you learn all about composting! Learn how composting works and how it benefits the environment in a fun, hands-on exploration tailored to your child’s age group. Meet the worms that make vermicomposting possible, along with other lesser-known stars of the soil. Children will leave with a better understanding of waste management and the role humans can play.
Topics Covered: Composting, vermicomposting, worms, decomposers, arthropods
Special Note About This Program: This program supports 3rd to 5th grade science standards nicely and is wonderful for anyone who’d love to learn more about the details of decomposition. This program is easily adaptable to adults who are interested in learning the basics of compost.