Why should fun and learning stop during Summer?
We have full scholarships generously available from the County of Santa Clara! If your camper lives in Santa Clara County, and meets one of the following requirements, they can attend Camp Guadalupe at no cost to you:
Email us at SummerCamp@grpg.org for more information!
Camp Guadalupe is a drop-in camp that provides participants with an educational, affordable, and engaging way to enjoy Summer months.
Science & Scientific Skill Refinement
There will be at least one age-appropriate science activity per class while practicing important skills such as making authentic observations, collecting data, sharing evidence, etc.
Depending on the lesson, the Heritage Rose Garden, Historic Orchard, Guadalupe River, Guadalupe River Trails, GRPC backyard classroom, and Rotary PlayGarden are used as outdoor labs for students to apply and deepen learning. Includes nature walks, wildlife observation and behavioral studies, etc.
Uniqueness & Flexibility
Each lesson is carefully designed by a GRPC educator, ensuring your child will have a unique experience each time. You can also select which programs you would like to participate in, so no need to cancel summer plans!
Interpersonal Learning & Free Play
Educators allow time for self-guided play because we recognize it is vital for cognitive and physical development (plus, it’s fun!). Through interacting with other participants and our trained guides your child will develop skills such as perspective taking, empathy for those around them, self-reflection, etc..
How we are offering Camp Guadalupe safely in-person for Summer 2021?
– Campers will be in stable groups with the same instructors each week.
– Staggered, contactless sign in to prevent congregating.
– Campers and staff will wear masks at all times, except meal and snack breaks, or unless medically excused.
– As usual, camp will be held outside and social distancing will be encouraged.
– Campers will have individual supplies to avoid sharing materials.
– Each session will start with reminders of how to stay safe and healthy.
– Sanitation materials will be readily available.
– Snack and meal breaks will be staggered and take place outside to allow for social distancing.
– We will require staff and families to perform health self-assessments and stay home if feeling unwell.
– Staff and families will have Covid-19 safety and awareness materials available.
– A full-time staff member will be dedicated to responding to Covid-19 related concerns.
If Santa Clara County moves to the Red Tier and/or we are instructed to do so by County Officials, we will transition immediately to a virtual camp model. This will have the same hours and content, and a similar structure as in person camp. We offered Camp Guadalupe in a virtual format in 2020 and are confident that it meets our standard of excellence!
Classes are held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday beginning June 15 and ending August 12.
*Themes change weekly. Each day of camp will be unique with different activities related to the weekly theme.
9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Guadalupe River Park & Gardens Visitor and Education Center, 438 Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA 95110
Students ages 7 – 10
Fun fact for parents: There are two GRPC educators per class who will shift curricula so that it is developmentally appropriate for each student.
Other Important Information
Families need to pack a snack and lunch for their child. This is a drop-off program; lessons will change each class and will be held outdoors, except in the case of unusually inclement weather.
Item – Member Price / Non-Member Price
Full 3-day Week Camp – $175.00 / $200.00
Early Bird Pricing (ends 4/16) $150.00 / $175.00
Full Summer – $1,400.00 / $1,600.00
Early Bird Pricing (ends 4/16) $1200.00 / $1400.00
Cancellation & Refund Policy
GRPC cancellation policies are based on our investment in staff, course planning, as well as materials and equipment purchases before your course. We have changed our refund policy this year, please read it carefully.
Time & Amount Refundable
2 weeks before scheduled camp begins: 75% refund
1-2 weeks before scheduled camp begins: 50% refund
Less than 7 days before scheduled start: no refunds available
– If required to do so, we will transition immediately to a virtual camp model. This will have the same hours and content, and a similar structure as in person camp. We offered Camp Guadalupe in a virtual format in 2020 and are confident that it meets our standard of excellence!
– Covid-19 restrictions are a known risk at this juncture and will not constitute a reason for exceptions to our refund and cancellation policy described above.
– If spaces are available, you may reschedule your camper for a later week of Camp for only the 6.25% processing fee.
Themes change weekly. Each day of camp will be unique with different activities related to the weekly theme. Our lesson plans are carefully crafted by one of our knowledgeable environmental educators. If the same activity is repeated during summer, it is to create a more holistic approach to the content by seeing it applied in different ways.
DATES & THEMES
6/15 – 6/17: Egg-celent Animals (Herpetology)
6/22 – 6/24: Do You Know the Way… (Cartography)
6/29 – 7/1: Small but Mighty (Microbiology)
7/6 – 7/8: The Element of Surprise (Chemistry)
7/13 – 7/15: Mega Fun Megafauna (Megafauna – large animals)
7/20 – 7/22: The Best Laid Plants (Botany)
7/27 – 7/29: Best Bug Buddies (Arthropods & More)
8/3 – 8/5: Fun with Forces (Physics)
8/10 – 8/12: Rotation Station (Astronomy)